Australia is a land of staggering contrasts and spectacular beauty. Along the coast, you can explore vibrant multicultural cities, vast sand islands, ancient rain forests, and one of the planet’s most awe-inspiring natural wonders – the Great Barrier Reef.
What is an Au Pair?
An Au Pair is a ‘big sister’ who lives in Australia as an extended member of their Host Family.
These young women provide child care services in exchange for room, board & monthly pocket money.
Most Au Pairs participate in the Au Pair Program for the valuable cultural experience of living with an Australian family and are treated more as a member of the family than as an employee.
Au Pair Requirements
- You must be 18-30 years old.
- Have a High School Diploma
- Have childcare experience.
- Speak English fluently
- Have a love for kids & be caring.
- Agree to commit for one full year.
- Be in good health. Only non-smokers are accepted.
- American citizenship.
- Unmarried & no kids of your own.
- No criminal record.
We are looking for open-minded, flexible, mature Au Pairs who have a positive attitude and like caring for children. Other experiences like First Aid training, music, dance, sports, arts & crafts, local Au Pairing or experience working at a pre-school are examples of skills that would contribute to your childcare abilities and will strengthen your application.
Highlights of the Australian Au Pair program
Commitment to Quality, Personal Service and Support
Carla’s Au Pairs makes a commitment to providing top quality personal service and support the entire time host families and Au Pairs are participating in the program. Participants receive personal attention and continuous support. You are cared for & helped every step of the way.
The staff in Australia is carefully trained with a focus on ensuring that host families and Au Pairs have the best experience possible. Aftercare is very important. Remember, you get what you pay for – quality service and exceptional support while abroad – something that makes Carla’s Au Pairs truly stand out above other agencies! Just ask our Au Pairs and they’ll agree!
Professional and Caring Staff
The staff in Australia is there for you if you have any questions or concerns. They have an emergency number available and will assist you in any questions related to your Au Pair year in Australia.
The staff of Carla’s Au Pairs is also always accessible to you if you need anything. That is what makes us stand out – we believe in the personal approach & treating our Au Pairs as individuals, each with their own special personality & needs. We make it our priority to stay in contact with you during your Au Pair year.
How the application process will work
- After you’ve filled in all the forms and have all your documents ready, you need to send your documents to your representing office. The sign-up fee for registration is then due. We will then process your documents and send it to our Australian partner.
- Once your file is in Australia, you will be contacted by families who wish to match with you. You will have telephonic or Skype interviews and can decide which family you’d like to go to. It can take a few weeks, even months to match.
- Once you’ve matched with your host family the placement fee is due. We will then help you with your visa (which can take a few weeks/months).
- After you’ve received your visa, you can arrange your flights and set off to your Au Pair adventure in Australia!
Carla’s Au Pairs makes a commitment to providing top quality personal service and support the entire time host families and Au Pairs are participating in the program. Participants receive personal attention and continuous support. You are cared for & helped every step of the way. The staff in Australia is carefully trained with a focus on ensuring that host families and Au Pairs have the best experience possible. Aftercare is very important. Remember, you get what you pay for – quality service and exceptional support while abroad – something that makes Carla’s Au Pairs truly stand out above other agencies! Just ask our Au Pairs and they’ll agree!
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, please enquire about the program costs involved.
Au Pair responsibilities
- Help getting the children ready for nursery/school in the morning: get them dressed, help with toileting, prepare breakfast.
- Take them to/from nursery/school.
- Prepare and feed the children lunch.
- Take them to the park/activities, etc.
- Spend time with them: Play games, supervise homework, keep them entertained.
- Help with bathing and putting the children to sleep.
- Light housework.
What is included in the program
- Visa assistance.
- Flight assistance via our recommended travel agent (optional).
- Contact details of fellow au pairs in your area.
- Furnished bedroom in host family’s home.
- Support from agency right through your year.
- Monthly Au Pair meetings.
- A minimum wage of $7 per hour.
- 2-day FREE orientation program. (East Coast Placements only)
- Paid bonus after 6 weeks which can be paid vacation.
- Accommodation and meals with the family for the entire years stay.
- A very special Carla’s Au Pairs Pre-departure pack which includes useful & cool goodies such as a Pre-departure Manual (written by our experienced staff with the help of ex-Au Pairs), travel bag, travel document pouch, travel mirror, travel pillow, travel make-up bag, luggage tag & more!