Germany is a country in central Europe and a member of the European Union. Germans have an unequalled passion for their cultural heritage and will be happy to share it with you. Germany’s green economy and politics are amongst the most developed in the world. Germany is one of the crown jewels of travel and is one of the leading tourist destinations worldwide.
What is an Au Pair?
An Au Pair is a ‘big sister’ who lives in Germany as an extended member of their Host Family.
These young women provide child care services in exchange for room, board, a weekly stipend, and contributions towards a German language course.
Most Au Pairs participate in the Au Pair Program for the valuable cultural experience of living with a German family and are treated more as a member of the family then an employee.
Au Pair Requirements
- You must be 18-24 years old.
- Have a High School Diploma
- Have childcare experience.
- German knowledge will be a bonus
- Have a love for kids & be caring.
- Agree to commit for one full year.
- Be in good health. Only non-smokers are accepted.
- American citizenship.
- Unmarried & no kids of your own.
- No criminal record.
We are looking for open-minded, flexible, mature Au Pairs who have a positive attitude and like caring for children.
How the application process will work
- After you’ve filled in all the forms and have all your documents ready, you need to send your documents to your representing office. The sign-up fee for registration is then due. We will then process your documents and send it to our German partner.
- Once your file is in Germany, you will be contacted by families who wish to match with you. You will have telephonic or Skype interviews and can decide which family you’d like to go to. It can take a few weeks, even months to match.
- Once you’ve matched with your host family the placement fee is due.
- You can arrange your flights and set off to your Au Pair adventure in Germany!
- Our international partner in Germany will assist you with your residence permit within your first 3 months of arrival
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, please enquire about the program costs involved.
Au Pair responsibilities
- Prepare meals for the kids.
- Help kids with homework.
- Help prepare the kids for the day’s activities.
- Assist with general child-related chores, such as laundry, tidying the children’s bedrooms and play areas.
- Work for a maximum of 30 hours a week.
What is included in the Au Pair program?
- Flight assistance via our recommended travel agent (optional)
- Residence permit assistance within 3 months of arrival
- Contact details of fellow Au Pairs in your area.
- Furnished bedroom in host family’s home.
- Support from agency right through your year.
- Monthly Au Pair meetings.
- 25 Euros per month travel contribution to attend Au Pair meetings.
- A minimum wage of 260 Euros per month.
- Study allowance to do a German language course.
- Transport card to attend your language course.
- 4 Weeks paid vacation during your year.
- Accommodation and meals with the family for the entire years stay.
- Basic medical insurance.
- A 360 Euro COMPLETION BONUS at the end of your year!
- A very special Carla’s Au Pairs Pre-departure pack which includes useful & cool goodies such as a Pre-departure Manual (written by our experienced staff with the help of ex-Au Pairs), travel bag, travel document pouch, travel mirror, travel pillow, travel make-up bag, luggage tag & more!