Applicants will submit their resume, photos, and contact details to a representative or agent partner for approval. Pay the R500 application fee which is refunded if an applicant is not approved. Once approved the applicant will decide on a month to join the program.
Once the applicant is approved and has chosen their preferred month of travel, the participant pays a deposit of R7582 to secure their space on the course.
The applicant will then be assisted to book their flights, once done visa docs will be sent over for a visa on arrival in Thailand. The applicant will also receive and email which contains the final debriefing on what to do on arrival and more
Our Partner team members will then complete their profile, working with the applicant to make a video and resume in the preferred format of Myanmar, and then market the applicant to our school network in Myanmar.
Once the participant arrives to take their orientation and TESOL course in Thailand for 4 weeks, the Myanmar visa will be done.
The applicant arrives in Yangon/Bangkok/Ho Chi Minh City/Hanoi and is picked up at the airport by a representative.
Placements are mainly situated in Yangon, a bustling and steadily growing city. However, we also place many teachers outside of Yangon in small, medium, and large sized towns and cities.
Placements are in language schools and private schools. Teachers teach for anywhere from 15 to 25 hours per week and have two days per week off but the days may not be consecutive and those teachers working at language schools should be prepared to teach on Saturday and Sunday as those are the busiest days of the week for language schools.
Choosing to teach English in Myanmar offers teachers a unique opportunity to immerse themselves and experience a new culture. Myanmar has only recently opened its doors to the outside world so visitors will find a rich history and vibrant land- scapes that have remained untouched by the West until now.
Myanmar is growing and expanding in many new ways, and teachers will be the ones to help it move forward. Our teachers have the chance to pass along their knowledge of English and other subjects and topics to Myanmar children and adults, who will use that knowledge to improve Myanmar in a major way. This teaching experience is an incredible chance for those wanting to make a huge difference in the world!
General program requirements
The Myanmar program is open to both degree holders and those without a degree.
- Applicants must be open to placement throughout all regions of Myanmar.
- Applicants must be in good mental health.
- Applicants should be at least between the ages of 19 and 45 years of age. Couples and Friends can ap- ply together!
- Applicants need to have sufficient funds to pay for the program fees and other associated costs of the program as well as to cover the cost of personal living expenses including entertainment.
- Applicants must participate in our 120-hour TESOL/TEFL and also participate in the orientation pro- gram.
- Applicants must be native English speakers and hold a valid passport from one of the following native English-speaking countries: The United States, The United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, or Ireland.
- Applicants must obtain a police clearance.
Program overview and structure
PROGRAM DETAILS – DEGREE AN NON DEGREE HOLDERS – NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Please note: If an applicant does not meet the requirements but we consider them a good fit, then their ap- plication may be considered for the program.
6 months to 1 year renewable contract. Participants can sign on for shorter periods but this must first be dis- cussed with our representatives. Placements are available starting any time of year.
Equivalent of USD 700-1,200 per month (R9800 to R16800) – Living costs low so enough extra savings or spend- ing money each month! Average living costs in Myanmar per month is $450-550 ( R6000 to R7000pm) includes rent, electricity, entertainment, food, travel, clothes etc.
We will assist in finding accommodation but teachers typically pay their own rent. Rent is generally between USD 200 and 350 per month, exclusive of electricity and water. Accommodation is fairly basic. In some instances, Internet is provided in accommodation costs, in other instances it must be purchased separately. See pictures below.
- Paid holidays
Approximately 15 public holidays per year (this may vary and is up to the discretion of the school).
- Paid Vacation
3 – 10 paid vacation days (this may vary and is up to the discretion of the school).
We provide a 5-day cultural immersion course. It is held in Yangon, Myanmar.
What is included in the program
- Airport pickup (provided if applicant lands within four days of start date).
- 1 x Free night at the Hotel in Bangkok.
- In-Country set-up.
- FULLY accredited TESOL/TEFL course 120 hour in-class.
- All cultural excursions in Thailand : Muay Thai, Rescue Pause, Elephant encounters, Thai Cooking class.
- Five day cultural and language orientation in Myanmar with at least two cultural excursions, including a trip to the
- Shwedagon Pagoda.
- Accommodation in Thailand – Sharing 4 weeks during the course with Breakfast included.
- Job Placement.
- Full background check on school/agent.
- Contract negotiation.
- Visa support and documentation.
- Ongoing support once the participant is at their placement.
- Starter Pack: NELC T-Shirt.
- Starter Pack: Thai/ Myanmar SIM card.
What is not included in the program
- Medical insurance.
- Financial assistance.
- Day to day transport.